British Police Reduce Crime and Improve Community with ECINS
- Rising incidences in retail theft, anti-social behavior, and unnecessary activity on the streets was creating an unsafe environment.
- BTP developed a plan that focuses on long-term community improvement through a partnership with local police and community outreach groups.
- By implementing ECINS, BTP was able to securely collaborate with the Metropolitan Police Force and borough councils, as well as with support partner agencies.
- Secure reporting of incidents, offenders and intelligence coordinated enforcement efforts and mitigated potential risk and repeat offenses.
- Joint and increased patrols were implemented when measurable results were recognized through combined reporting.
- Charity organizations were able to help at-risk individuals identified by the collaborative system, and support was made more accessible by enlisting police officers to provide information to those in need.
- The plan was recognized locally and nationally for effective community problem solving.
“ECINS was key to the successes of this plan and the other plans as it allowed partners to work in collaboration on the same IT system and also allowed officers to access it remotely via their mobile devices.” – Tony Freeman, Citizens in Policing Sgt FHQ, Territorial Policing Support, British Transport Police